Engaging and inspiring, Hugh’s practical ideas about leadership and continuous improvement will make a difference.
Hugh did his first public speaking during high-school, and has presented at hundreds of workshops, seminars and classes over the years.
Short talks – free with the purchase of ten books
These 20–30-minute talks by video link drive home the importance of skilled supervisors. Each talk includes a lesson that teaches a practical skill your team can use the moment they leave the room.
Choose from one of these three titles.
Call to schedule your free talk.
These 45–75-minute talks will be tailored to the specific challenges you need to give to your organization. Focusing on the connection of supervisor skills and continuous improvement, they link the twin needs of every leader: achieving your mission and building your people. They can be delivered by video, or in person when travel restrictions permit.
Here are five sample titles. These can be adapted and tailored to your precise needs.
- The Skilled Labour Shortage is a Myth: How a Shortage of Skilled Leaders is Limiting Your Organization’s Ability to Achieve its Mission
- Perfectly Designed for the Results You Have: The Secret to Getting Better Outcomes for Your Organization
- Without Breaking a Sweat: How You Can Improve Production, Productivity and Profits 50% or More and Transform Your Organization
- Are You Watching Your People Waste Time? Four Questions to Ask, and a Way Out of the Swamp
- Four Forces that Drain Your Profits; And The Four Superpowers You Need to Prevent the Evil
Why First Line Training?
I have run plants, warehouses, and offices. I’ve been where you are. I have improved performance in every operation I’ve run.
I’ve taught over 900 front line leaders. The people I have taught tell me that it’s the most important, most useful training they’ve ever had.
I have been taught how to teach. With advanced studies in adult education, experience running staff development for a 1,000-person division, and courses in “train the trainer” and facilitation, my approach makes use of the best of what we know about how adults learn.